Samskip has added the Høgset terminal to its routes. This terminal is located in Gjemnes, between Molde and Kristiansund. Samskip is already calling on Stavanger, Bergen and Ålesund on the same route from Rotterdam (see route map).
With the new call Samskip also serves Mid-Norway with it's many importers and exporters that rely on efficient transport solutions.
- This will represent 50 arrivals next year and, based aspirations of Samskip, we expect much cargo, says CEO Bjørn Roald Langnes at Høgset terminal.
In an area with numerous islands and fjords and expensive ferry connections, the pre- and on-carriage is often very expensive. Today shippers use trucks over long distances from Oslo, Ålesund or Trondheim for cargoes to the region. With the new port call you can put your cargo on a ship from Samskip every Tuesday in Rotterdam and reach the region directly with limited oncarriage.
By choosing this route, cargo owners and forwarders can save transportation costs and reduce their CO2 emissions.
"Narrow roads and limited infrastructure make trucking to and from the major Norwegian city of Ålesund, expensive, unsafe and environmentally unfriendly,” says Are Grathen, General Manager Norway. “With a fixed weekly Tuesday departure ex Rotterdam to the port of Gjemnes and a Saturday arrival and departure from Gjemnes, Samskip offers a reliable alternative for the region. Moreover, from Gjemnes it is the shortest available lead time (50 hours)."
The shortsea service connects the Gjemnes area directly into the Samskip European multimodal network as well as to major deepsea terminals for shipments worldwide. The service is open to all types of intermodal loading units such as 45ft containers, reefers, tank containers and bulk containers.
The terminal in Gjemnes offers:
- 45 tons container truck
- 45 tons forklift
- 15 tons wheel loader
- 3 x 3.5-tonne pallet truck
- 94 reefer plugs, connection for cooling / freezing containers
- Pre-Trip Inspection (PTI) of reefer containers
- Transhipment, unloading and loading of goods in and out of containers
- 4500 sqm long or short term storage indoor
- Depot Management for international container shippingSee route map here: